(top image by Adrian Lasrado)
The design consists of:
- a laser-cut acrylic front cover
- a laser-cut acrylic back cover
- a synthetic leather spine
- laser-cut acrylic inserts
- paper sections bound by staples or string
- and a combination of metal rivets and string to hold it all together
This was by far the largest event I’ve ever hosted to date – the Facebook event quickly garnered interest from over 900 people! This was far too many for the Makerspace to accommodate, so I had to cap attendance at 100 people spread out across 4 different time slots.
The laser-cut parts were designed in Adobe Illustrator. All of the design files and the Bill of Materials are available on Github under a CC BY-SA 4.0 license. If you decide to host your own version of this seminar, I’d love to hear about it!
comments powered by Disqus